Java round-trip and model

I have a problem reversing while reversing java. I have a project with models, which I can see both in model explorer and in class repository. A model has a class hierarchy. When I try to reverse a class of this hierarchy, vp-uml either does nothing or creates a class outside the model.
In the class repository, if I have something like
MyModel::com::packagea::packageb::myclass
when I reverse myclass, vp-uml creates
com::packagea::packageb::myclass
actually, in my case, com::packagea already exists. vp-uml only creates packageb::myclass

I have the feeling that it worked at one time , but not any more. I can’t be sure

Hi Ocaoca,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind to send me sample source/project and provide detailed steps to repeat the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

here’s further information and my problem may be caused by synchronising caused refactoring source code.
I try to create a sample project and do actions as I remember I did

the project had a structure like this
com::packagea::ClassA
mymodel::com::packageb::MyClass

if I perform a reverse round-trip at that time, it works

Now, I perform a refactoring of the source code outside vp-uml, which includes moving myclass in com/packageb/mypackage

In vp-uml nothing has changed and I try to synchronise with my change
I create
mymodel::com::packageb::mypackage
and move MyClass into it

When I reverse MyClass by right-clicking the class in a class diagram, nothing happens. Iget the message:
[14:51:40] [Error] Unable to read file: /home/oca/eclipsews2/testroundtrip/src/com/packageb/MyClass.java.
which is correct because the file has moved

I go to the round-trip node in class repository, no change. actually I didn’t expect any changes at this moment. So I restart vp-uml and the round-trip node is updated.
I then can drag and drop in my class diagram. It create a class in
com::packageb::mypackage::MyClass that has nothing to do with mymodel::com::packageb::mypackage::MyClass
testroundtrip.vpp

Hi Ocaoca,

Thanks for the details. In next release (VP-UML 7.1), we will support reverse source to specific Models in Java round-trip engineering. This new feature will help you to reverse the source directly to “mymodel” (you do not need to manually create it), also keep updating the source to corresponding Models even if you refactored the source outside VP-UML.

From the following flash movie you can get an idea how this new feature will work:
http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200907/NewJavaRoundTrip/NewJavaRoundTrip.html

I’ll let you know if there is any release candidate available for testing. Please feel free to contact me if there is any further question.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Ocaoca,

I just sent you a private message with link of release candidate (RC) for testing the round-trip engineering feature. Please feel free to have a post again if there is any question.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Ocaoca,

I’m glad to announce that we released VP Suite 4.1 (covers VP-UML 7.1) which support reverse source to specific Models, also generate code of classes in different Models to different output path.

FYI, details about new features and enhancements of VP-UML 7.1 can be found from:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/vpuml/releasenotes/710.jsp

Best regards,
Lilian Wong