Just a little typing mistake in the VP 2.3 menus

Maybe a little “typing mistake” of VP developers ?

VP 2.3 Community Edition:

View / Manage Perspectives

"The selected feature is available from the Community Edition and above only.

You can switch to the Community Edition to evaluate this feature. After the edition is switched, you can request an avaluation key in the Key Manager.

Do you want to switch to the Community Edition now ?"

I assume that this is a feature of the COMMERCIAL versions, but as you see the user isn´t told so.

Btw, if I select “No and disable all non-supported features”,
where can I re-enable it to see what’s more in the commercial editions ?

Sincerely
Rolf

Dear Rolf,

Thank you for post. You are so active! :stuck_out_tongue:

I assume that this is a feature of the COMMERCIAL versions, but as
you see the user isn´t told so.

May I know which product you are using when you see this message? I ask because the feature of managing perspective is available in ALL editions. In other words, it should allow you to manage perspective instead of shownig the strange warning message.

Btw, if I select “No and disable all non-supported features”,
where can I re-enable it to see what’s more in the commercial editions ?

You can re-enable in the Options page.If you are using VP-UML, you can open the Options page by select Tools | Options from the main menu. I captured a screen to show you in more detail.

Best Regards,
Jick
options-page.png

Dear Rolf,

Please forget my last message about which edition you are usnig. I can now repeat the problem in VP-UML. I am going to ask our developers to fix it up.

Best Regards,
Jick

Dear Rolf,

This problem is fixed. perform a product update by running the updater inside the bin folder of $vp-suite-install-dir.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Rolf

I would like to notify you that the complete release of VP Suite is deployed. Since you were asked to install a hotfix release, I would like to suggest you perform a product update to upgrade to the complete release. You can update by running the updater at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite Update 2.3.exe

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung