License

When I purchase a license for SDE, is it for 1 SDE (for example Netbeans) or do you get VP and one SDE or VP and all SDE’s like the downloadable demo?

I ask b/c the VP or SDE for Netbeans 4.1 seems to be the only ones that work for me… but I can’t predict the future too well. I’m actually using Netbeans 5 nightly build and JSE 6 betas regularly and would prefer it but SDE doesn’t support that combination. I also do work with teams that are on Eclipse so working with SDE on Eclipse is a better choice.

I won’t pay for multiple SDE’s or SDE + VP and I’m wondering if I’m missing something before ordering. I have considered VP instead of SDE completely since it can still forward/reverse (although I’m not comfortable with the way it does this… I always seem to lose stuff in the code and/or model). Maybe that is the answer… but I already have 2 IDE’s open most of the time. I didn’t want to add a third.

Dear no,

Thank you for your enquiry.

When I purchase a license for SDE, is it for 1 SDE (for example Netbeans) or do you get VP and one SDE or VP and all SDE’s like the downloadable demo?

A license is per product. That means, when you purchase SDE for NetBeas, it is for SDE for NetBeans (1 SDE).

I’m actually using Netbeans 5 nightly build and JSE 6 betas regularly and would prefer it but SDE doesn’t support that combination.

We are now working on the support of NetBeans 5. :slight_smile:

although I’m not comfortable with the way it does this… I always seem to lose stuff in the code and/or model

Sorry about this. Are the problems repeatable? If so, would you mind providing me with the steps? Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Jick

Can you give a timeline for Netbeans 5 support?