I will start saying our configuration and showing some important ideas that can be followed whan the proper tester/developer will use attached archive:
- have one licensed Visual Paradigm for UML Modeler Edition (from vp.log: “[VP-UML ME]: 5.0 (20051020)”)
- have one Class Diagram:
“Service” class has :
- public methods
- one method has signature
- one private operation
- one private method
- have one Sequence Diagram
- with a loop and critical (alternate) sections
After exporting and importing xmi following presentation problems occured:
- in Class Diagram some distinct settings are Not Preserved for a Certain class
(instead are managed globally/default):
- showing method signature
- show only public methods
- hide all operations
- all the association labels are not in the correct place
- in Sequence Diagram
- all kind of “loop”, “opt”, “critical” etc. sections are changed to “alt”
- same ‘alt like’ sections have operands no more visible
- an original alt section doesn’t have alternate separation lines visible anymore
These are abit anoying when for a big project with many diagrams people
should lose valuable time re-arranging diagrams to look as the architect
intended to have that diagrams and be further presented to developers , management , clients etc. .
To reproduce this behaviour you can reffer to attached file also
- EXPIMP.vpp : original project
- EXPIMP.xmi : original project exported as xmi
- EXPIMP-2.vpp : new empty project + importing previous xmi
If you have any other questions to help us with this issue , please ask.
We are eager to find/use a solution for this ugly problem.
Thank you very much.