Meaningful messages!

Guys,

Can you, please, consider making error messages meaningful? I get quite often messages like “Cannot have more than one composite association on the same class, and composite element cannot reference other class”. :shock:

Such a message in a big model is nonsense! I have to spend now few hours experimenting and trying to find out what is wrong! And this is not the first time! Educate your programmers, please! :evil:

Cheers,
Tadeusz

Hi,

I get this error message when I generate C# code: “Please specific a discriminator column in table Request”.

A table is created from a single class, without any inheritance structure. What are possible reasons that I should specify a discriminator there?

BTW, there is a table name mention in a message - what a surprise! :wink:

Cheers,
Tadeusz

Hello Tadeusz,

Thank you for your post. Sorry about the unclear messages. I will ask our developers to rephrase the content. About the second problem, may I have your project file so that I could explain, based on your project content, why the warning showed?

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Tadeusz,

Thanks to your feedback, we have rephrased one of the warning message you reported before. Please run the updater inside the bin folder of installation folder to advance to the latest release. The warning message is much informative now.

Concerning the second warning message, we still hope to collect your project file to reproduce the warning. Thank you.

Hope you find the fix meaningful. Feel free to let me know if you have other queries.

Best regards,
Jick