Merge problems

Hello,

I have a big and urgent problem regarding the Check-In/-Out of VP-UML-projects via Teamwork Server. The last version I have checked in is Version 8, but when my colleague saved her changes to Version 9 (her checked-out version has been Version 5), all the changes I have made from Version 5 to 8 have been overwritten, although my colleague assures me that she has put “Unchanged” to all points regarding my part of the model (which seems true, as far as I can read the .log-File in the Repository) !
Now I try to merge version 8 and 9 again, in order to avoid remodelling everything vom V5 to V8 manually into V9 !! My first try was to copy V8 from the repository and replace my local working project by it, and the do the merge via check-in. Unfortunately VP detects this try and when checking in again overwrites all my changes from V8 to the (old ones) from V9.
How can this situation occur ? How to resolve it ?

Thanks for any help,

Guenther

Dear Guenther,

Thank you for your email. I can help you to repair your repository but can you send me the following two things?

1. Your current project repository
  2. A project that contains your latest models. You can open your V8 and V9 project and save it as a normal project respectively. After that do the merge to obtain a project contains your latest models (i.e the project you expected after commit).

Please send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com directly. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Hello,

and also same problem in our VP (Modeler/Standard) and Teamwork Server (evaluation) combination. How can we resolve this?

Thanks
Hans-Peter

Dear hpmxxx,

Thank you for your message and we are sorry for any inconvenience this problem caused you. Could you mind send me the vp.log file from your server and client to have a look? You can find the file inside the bin folder of the VP Suite client and the Teamwork Server. Please send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com directly. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Dear hpmxxx,

Thanks for replying and you log file. I’ve forwarded your log file to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any news, I’ll comeback to you immediately. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain