Migration from TS 3.1 to TS 3.2

Hi,

After installing the TS 3.2 I’am trying to migrate repositories according to the receipt available on VP Web Site. Unfortunately, after copying the “repository” folder new serwer does not see anything. Are there any traps that I should be aware of ?

Best regards, Artur

Hi,

May I ask for any response ?

Best regards, Artur

Hello arturK,

May I know how your import the repository into new server? Just let the installer do the import but unable to see the projects after installing the server?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi Rain Wong,

I have used the instruction provided on your Web Site. I installed the server and the copied Repository folder from TS 3.1 installation to TS 3.2 installation.

Best regards, Artur

Hi Rain Wong !

Would it be a very big problem to respond to my message and give me some indications on what to do to make the teamworking possible ?

Best regards, Artur

Hello arturK,

I suspect your problem is caused by wrongly copy the repository folder. In fact, the installer will helps you to import & backup the repository. May I know why you need to copy the folder manually?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hello Rain,

As I mentioned, I copied the repository folder from the TS 3.1 to TS 3.2 as that was the recommended in the instruction provided on your WebSite (if I am correct). If there’s any other way for installing TS 3.2 ove TS 3.1 I would be happy to apply it.

Best regards, Artur

Hello arturK,

Please try to let the installer manager to import the repository and see is it working. BTW, would you mind send me the instruction page you followed? Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

I also have issues with migration:

The import of the existing repository seems to have been OK (no error messages have appeared, files have been copied by the installer).
But, when I connect to the teamwork server, there is no user (except the first user created).

I’ve checked the teamworkServer.xml file in repository/config folder. Effectively, there is only one user referenced in it. But, I don’t know if it is the file which is outdated or if it’s OK (where are the users managed ?) and the issue comes from elsewhere.

Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance.
djim

Hi djim,

Regarding your case, I’ve created a support ticket for you. We may conduct meetings with you to diagnose the problem.

Our team will reply you as soon as we can.

If there is anything else that I can do to help please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Jick