"Mobile" license?

I’m coming from MagicDraw UML, where they have a “mobile” license that is much more reasonably priced than 2 standalone licenses. I am about to purchase a license for the office, but have already purchased one for work use on my personal computer at home. However, I’d also like to install it on my personal laptop so I can work when I’m on the road, without a network connection. MagicDraw’s mobile license allows me to install it on two systems, and even move the license from one system to another as long as I follow the uninstallation procedures.

Does Visual Paradigm have something like this? I really don’t want to have to buy 3 licenses when I can realistically only use 1 at a time. I don’t mind buying 2, but 3 is a little ridiculous.

Thank you!

Hi Dave Matsumoto,

Thanks for your post. For single-seat license, you can install the software up to 3 machines with the same license, providing that you are the ONLY user of the software.

BTW, we have another type of license - floating license, which allows sharing the software between users. The floating license is hosted by the Floating License Server, a small Java application provided by us. As long as you can connect to the Floating License Server, you will be able to acquire the floating license to run the software.
A floating license costs extra 30% of a single-seat license, but it’s useful for a team which not all users will run the software at the same time.
More details about floating license can be found from the following link:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/shop/floatinglicense.jsp

If you need any further information, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Wow, that is really great news! Thanks very much. :slight_smile:

The current plan is for me to have my own license since I’m the only software engineer, but to eventually add floating licenses as people in other areas adopt UML for system diagrams.

Hi Dave Matsumoto,

Thanks for replying. BTW, you can always upgrade from single-seat license to floating license if you need, providing that you are within the software maintenance period.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong