Move Diagramm within Modelexplorer

Hi,

on building a development structure for my work i try to create a treestructure with packages (Process/subprocess/function/Classes/…) .
Within these packages i created several diagrams.

After sometime i realized that the treestructure wasn’t the perfect fit so i’d tried to rearrange the packages and the diagrams…

I was not able to move (by mouse drag) a diagram from one package to another package …
the only thing that is possible is “detach from parent”. after that the diagramm was only visible in the diagram view.
Adding the diagramm to a diffrent package with the function “Sub Diagram” was not possible (–> only new diagrams can be created)

is there a possibility to move the diagrams?
regs
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your post. I’ve forwarded this issue to our engineers to investigate. Once there is any news, I’ll come back to you immediately.

By the meantime, if you have any inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Sebastian,

For moving diagram from one package to another package, please follow the steps listed below:

1. detach the diagram from the original package
  2. open the specification of the target package
  3. click the Diagrams tab
  4. select Add > Existing Diagrams…
  5. select the diagram to add to the target package

Steps can be referred to the following flash movie as well:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200805/Lilian/movie/move_diagram_between_packages.htm

Since we have a bug fix regarding to this issue, please install the build in the link below.
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200805/Patch/sp1_20080513n/VP_Suite_Windows_3_2_sp1_20080513n.exe

To use the patch:

1. Exit any running instance of VP
  2. Install by overwriting the current installation
  3. Restart the product.

Note: This patch is made for VP Suite 3.2 SP1 (VP-UML 6.2 SP1). Please make sure you have a valid product license. Otherwise you won’t be able to start up the product after the installation.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

hi lilian,

many thanks for the quick reaction of you and the development!! just one more little question… why is it not possible to get a bugfix via
"VP Suite Update.exe" or any other kind of update mechanism…
regs
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for replying. The build I sent to you is the latest patch but it’s not a formal release (“VP Suite Update” is checking for formal releases).

BTW, does your problem solved now?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

the Diagram was added. But on adding the Diagram to the new package all the relations from this diagram appeared in the same package --> the original relations were still in the package where i put it… and the new ones seem to be duplicates…

not fully resolved.

regs
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for relying. Is there any relationship that is in the original package (in Model Explorer), but is not on the diagram?

When adding existing diagram to the package, it will move all the models/relationships on the diagram to the target package. You can refer to the following flash movie to see if you have the similar circumstance as the flash movie.
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200805/Lilian/movie/relationship_remain.htm

If there are any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong