Multiple editions accessing same project

Hi, If a project is created using the Professional edition, can a Standard edition product open the file and see the contents that are available to the Standard edition? We have a couple of people that would want the more advanced edition(DB reverse engineer), with several more that do not need that level of functionality, yet we want to share the core UML models.
Can this be done? THANKS!
Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your post.

You can use a lower edition to open and edit a project that was saved in a higher edition. No data will lost by doing this. However, please understand the limitation of the edition. For example, you can draw a BPD in the Enterprise Edition, but you cannot read or edit a BPD in Standard Edition since the edition itself does not support BPD.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank for the info Jick,

Another question: as I have been researching various UML products, I have not found any recent reviews of Visual Paradigm: several of them from 2005, but nothing since then. Are you aware of more recent product reviews for VP?

THANKS!
Bruce

hello Bruce,

Are you looking for product review that provide a description of the product, or a review that shows the major events (product releases, being awarded)?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
Reviews that provide product description, ideally with comparison to other UML products.

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your report. You can find the product description at the product page. Take VP-UML as an example. Here is the product page:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/

We do not have any page that compare our products with others. I will share your request with our web development team.

Best regards,
Jick

I was actually looking for evaluations of your product that have been done by third parties. Other independent software magazines or UML groups or other organizations that have looked at your product and published their findings. Do you know of any of these? You might invite one of the software development or UML magazines to do an evaluation of your product.

Hello Bruce,

We received quite a lot of feedback from our users (Thank you!). The following page shows you the testimonials.
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/aboutus/testimonials.jsp

I will forward your comment to our team as well.

Best regards,
Jick