Multiplicity on operation return ignored in both diagram and code genned by Java Round-trip

Within a class diagram I set the multiplicity of an operation result to 1…* by entering 1 in the “Lower” and * in the “Upper” fields within the Operation Specification dialogue.

What is it that I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Reference: Unified Modeling Language: Superstructure, Version 2.0, formal/05-07-04, Object Management Group, 2005

7.3[i].36 Operation (from Kernel, Interfaces)
An operation is a behavioral feature of a classifier that specifies the name, type, parameters, and constraints for invoking
an associated behavior.
Generalizations

Description
An operation is a behavioral feature of a classifier that specifies the name, type, parameters, and constraints for invoking
an associated behavior.
Attributes

unchanged (isQuery=true) or whether side effects may occur (isQuery=false). The default
value is false.

Hi Rsaddey,

Thanks for your post.

The multiplicity of the operation result is not depicted within the class diagram.
In the UML Specification ( http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/07-11-02 ), it does not mention that Lower and Upper of operation should be shown. Is it possible for you to provide any sample / reference that mentions about showing Lower & Upper? Thanks in advance!

The code generated by the Java Round-trip function appears to completely ignore the multiplicity of the operation result and to always assume 1…1
I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any news on this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

I have the same issue, is there any progress on this topic?

Regards,

Martin

Same issue too.
I 'use the xmi export and lower and upper for the operation are not provided

<ownedOperation isAbstract="true" isLeaf="false" isQuery="false" name="getItems" ownerScope="instance" visibility="public" xmi:id="gSISo3SD.AACASFe" xmi:type="uml:Operation">
		<ownedParameter direction="return" isOrdered="true" isUnique="true" type="T*_id" xmi:id="gSISo3SD.AACASFe_return" xmi:type="uml:Parameter"/>
		<xmi:Extension extender="Visual Paradigm for UML">
			<returnTypeDocumentation xmi:value=""/>
		</xmi:Extension>
</ownedOperation>

Does any improvement is planed ?
thanks.