Netbeans 5 support

Is SDE supported under Netbeans 5? I know Netbeans 5 is just in the nightly builds and even pre-beta but I’ve completely switched to it due to the leap in feature set. I’m itching for a UML tool to use with it. Does it work?

Dear benigan,

Thank you for your message. We haven’t do any testing on the NetBeans 5 yet (because is really so new). I’ve forwarded your message to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll comeback to you immediately. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Thank you. Netbeans 5 is now in Beta so the API’s should be relatively stable. I tried installing SDE in Netbeans 5 (a nightly build) and the VP found the ide6 directory of Netbeans suitable for installation. Netbeans doesn’t complain about sde and even lists it as a module. Unfortunately none of the icons, menu items, etc. display so SDE doesn’t really work in Netbeans 5.

It would be great if SDE could work in Netbeans 5 since there are few UML tools available for Netbeans.

Dear benigan,

Thanks for replying. We have tested on NetBeans 5 and we found that some of the API was changed which affecting the integration. Our engineers are now investigating on this issue and I think we will support it very soon. I’ll let you know the latest progress on this issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

I know you said you’d get back but will vp suite 2.1 support netbeans 5? I’m w8ndering bc I want sde for nb5 and if not that, eclipse 3.1 but i can’t buy it for both unless you have some sort of deal.

I think NB 5 support is critical. Many developers are already using Beta 2 - When do you expect to have support for it?

Hi Anonymous,

NetBeans has changed a lot in the new version, therefore we need to spend some time on the integration issues. We understand that many users will migrate from version 4.1 to version 5.0 very soon. We will try our best to finish it as soon as we can.

Jick

Hi all,

NetBeans 5.0 support is now ready in the latest version of SDE for NetBeans.

For more information on the new features of SDE, please visit:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/news.jsp#SDE32

You can download the latest build of the VP Suite 2.2 installer and request the new key from our website at http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best Regards,
Jick

I’ve downloaded the VP Suite installer 2.2 and installed the SDE module for netbeans 5. The problem is I can’t get it started. I used the license key you provided, but it just won’t start. I’d appreciate any comments

Hi Cesar,

Are you the one who opened a ticket in our Ticket System? I think that your problem was solved. If not, please feel free to post again.

Best Regards,
Jick

Yes, Jick. I’m the same guy. Thanks again for your support

Sorry. Wasn’t logged in

Thanks Cesar. Please feel free to find me again if there are any other questions. :smiley: