No access to instant reverse function even using Pro trial key

I downloaded and tried SDE CE, after than found it does not support “instant reverse”. I’ve requested Pro trial key, have it installed, but still have no access to this feature. Explain please, why?

Hi Ivan,

Instant Reverse is available starting from the Standard Edition. Please switch to the Standard Edition via the Product Edition Manager. You can find the Product Edition Manager inside $vp-suite-install-dir/bin

Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick

I have install vp uml for standard edition and have key for standard edition but why every time I run the vp uml always ask for key validation. I don’t have internet connection or cannot always connect internet, so I can’t run the vp uml application if always ask for key validation. First validate the key is valid, but like I said that I cannot connect into internet every time.

Thanks,

Dear aristondarmayuda ,

Thank you for your enquiry. I suspect that you are using an academic license key. The need of validating license key over the Internet is a basic requirement of academic license. If you do not have Internet connection at home, please use the Community Edition instead. You can still open your work in school with the academic license.

If there are any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

If I want to use the VP offline, which key that I need to obtain?

Thanks,

Hi aristondarmayuda,

You need to request for a license key for the Community Edition. Please run the Product Edition Manager from the bin folder of VP Suite, and switch the product edition to Community. Then, start VP-UML. After that, start Key Manager by selecting Tools > Key Manager from the menu. Remove all the keys, and press “Request Key” Request the key for the Community Edition and import the key into the Key Manager.

Best regards,
Jick

request-key.png

So no key that can work offline except community key?

Thanks for reply.

Hi aristondarmayuda,

Well, this may be a bit misleading. I should say, only academic license require validation through connecting to the Internet during the start up of product. All other kinds of license are not required to be validated.

My suggestion of using Community Edition was because it will not expire, which let you use it continuously.

Best regards,
Jick