"No element is selected" with InstantGenerator task

Hi

I’m trying to use the ANT “InstantGenerator” task. I’m executing the target using build.xml provided in samples with VP.

Unfortunately, I always get a message “No element is selected”. Is there any way to make this work? I tried using both the Ant task and Batch script and they both fail the same way.

Thanks for your help

I just run “No element is selected” too, provided in samples with VP, hope more info about this.

Hi Adamw, Pujols,

Thanks for your posts. You need to select the classes in the application UI and generate once so the selected classes can be memorized after saving the project, then you can generate the code of selected classes by VPSuite/scripts/InstantGenerator in command line.

We will consider to let users generate code for all classes in the project in the command line.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Adamw, Pujols,

I would like to let you know that we enhanced the InstantGenerator script so that you can generate code for all classes in project if you specified “-all” at the end of the command. Please update to latest patch (sp1_20090812i or later) by “VP Suite Update”. You can visit the following link for details about update your product to latest patch:

So from now on you can generate code for all classes instead of generate the code in application with selected classes once before running InstantGenerator script.

Hope you find this enhancement helpful. Please feel free to contact me if there is any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong