No types in attributes and no generalization (C++ Instant Reverse)

Bonjour,

We try to reverse our C++ code with SDE for Visual Studio product.

We succeed to reverse the C++ code of all Class. But when we look in the specification of attributes and operations, no type as specified for the attributes and no return types for the operations. When with insert the class in a class diagram the generalization as not show beetween class with generalisation.

We first try to use the Update UML Model obtain via the contextuel menu of the project but many class are forget in the importation process. So we used the Instant Reverse for C++ to obtain the class.

We also try the same option in the VP-UML product and we obtain the same result.

For the test, we used VS2008 under Windows Vista.

Thank you for your help, Sylvain Comtois

Hi Sylvain Comtois,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind sending the source code of C++ you reversed for investigation? Thanks in advance!

*If you do not want the source to be accessed by public, please send to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Sylvain Comtois,

Thanks for your file sent to my email box. I’ve passed the details to our engineers to investigate. If there is any feedback, I’ll come back to you immediately.

If there is any inquiry, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian Wong,

Thank you to answer our request. It’is possible to know how long it will take to obtain an answer from the engineers to investigate. We waiting for this result to decide if we go with your product or not.

Thank you, Sylvain Comtois

Hi Sylvain Comtois,

Sorry for the delay. If you are using Visual C++ code, Instant Reverse will not help because it supports reverse ANSI C++. We are able to repeat the problem of ignored classes with Update to UML in SDE for Visual Studio (SDE-VS), and our engineers are still investigating this issue. If there is any news, I’ll definitely notify you.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Sylvain Comtois,

Sorry for the delay. Our engineers fixed the problem of Update to UML, please download the patch from the following link and see if it works fine:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200809/Patch/sp1_20080901zi/VP_Suite_Windows_3_3_sp1_20080901zi.exe

If there is any inquiry, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Bonjour Lilian Wong,

Thank you, the problem is now solved.

So we can continu the exploration of the product.

Sylvain Comtois

Hi Sylvain Comtois,

I’m glad to hear that the problem is solved. If there is anything I can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong