On the meaning of some BP-VA options and properties

Hello everybody,

Please explain me some things that I can’t get right:

1. “Stereotype support HTML tagged value” checkbox
  2. “Add Covered Shapes as Children After Resize” checkbox
  3. “Show relationship connectors for dropped models” checkbox

What’s the purpose of these options and when/why should I enable them?

1. What’s the “Nickname” of a project? Is it i18n-related?
  2. What’s the meaning of the “Language” property of Business Process Diagram? Should it be associated with the project nickname? Why is this property missing in the other types of diagrams?

TIA,

Nad

Hi Nad,

Thanks for your post. For your questions:

1. “Stereotype support HTML tagged value” checkbox
    It’s only for VP-UML at the moment.
  1. “Add Covered Shapes as Children After Resize” checkbox
    For example, if you move a pool over a task, and then resize the pool, the task will be added to the pool automatically.
  1. “Show relationship connectors for dropped models” checkbox
    For example, when you drop a task to diagram, it will automatically show up its relationships (with the relevant shapes in current diagram, if any).
  1. What’s the “Nickname” of a project? Is it i18n-related?
    You can get details of Nickname in http://oldresources.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite3.2/assigning_nickname_to_model.html
  1. What’s the meaning of the “Language” property of Business Process Diagram? Should it be associated with the project nickname? Why is this property missing in the other types of diagrams?
    It’s for VP-UML only at the moment. It’s removed in current release as it’s not related to BP-VA.

I hope these can help you. If there is anything I can explain more for you, or if you need any help, please let me know.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

Thank you for clearing this up. Yor reply is very helpful.

>> 5) What's the meaning of the "Language" property of Business Process Diagram?

> It's for VP-UML only at the moment. It's removed in current release as it's not related to BP-VA.

Well, I see this (and some other UML-related properties) in BP-VA models, and just that’s that confused me.

Nad

Hi Nad,

Thanks for your reply. I’m sorry that I’ve made a mistake for point 5, let me have a correction on it.

1. What’s the meaning of the “Language” property of Business Process Diagram?
    This holds the name of the language in which text is written. The default is
    English. (It’s in page 29 in the specification “OMGFinalAdoptedBPMN1-0Spec2006-02-01”)

Note: you can download the specification in http://www.bpmn.org/Documents/OMG%20Final%20Adopted%20BPMN%201-0%20Spec%2006-02-01.pdf)

I’m sorry for confusing you before. If there are any further inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong