Only Java available for "Database Configuration"

Hi,

when I try to configure a database for ORM, I can only select Java as language. The project has been created as C# project though.
I’m using VP Standard Edition Build 8.0 Build (sp1_20101209zh).
Help will be gratefully appreciated.

Hello Egilsdorf,

Thank you for your message. Actually the database configuration setting in Standard Edition is mainly for generate DDL statement. Since the Standard Edition do not support generate ORM layer source code, therefore specify language for database configuration won’t make any differences to modeling. Feel free to contact me for further inquiry.

Best regards,
Rain

[quote=Rain]Hello Egilsdorf,

Thank you for your message. Actually the database configuration setting in Standard Edition is mainly for generate DDL statement. Since the Standard Edition do not support generate ORM layer source code, therefore specify language for database configuration won’t make any differences to modeling. Feel free to contact me for further inquiry.

Best regards,
Rain[/quote]

Why would you guys make options available in an edition which doesn’t support them? Don’t you think you’re forcibly marketing the higher-end editions to your customers without them having an option to turn that off (disable is not the same as hide)? If a customer wants to evaluate higher-end features, he can switch edition using the VP Edition Manager anyways. Please think about it. You guys don’t have to pull cheap marketing tricks on your actual customers.

My apologies if I sound a bit harsh but that’s how I feel.