Operator for valueConditionChecker

Hi,

I have a doubt about tag.

I know that if I want to check if the property value is equal/not equal/ like to a specific value I have to add the parameter @operator

but, now, i would to check if my string element is NOT like a specific value, so I need a “dislike/not like” property or something similar.

and if I have an int element how can I check if my property is grether than/less than a specific value?

I don’t know if report writer support this type of check.
Could you please help me?

Ilaria/vicky

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your query.

I know that if I want to check if the property value is equal/not equal/ like to a specific value I have to add the parameter @operator

but, now, i would to check if my string element is NOT like a specific value, so I need a “dislike/not like” property or something similar.

You should set “NOT EQUAL”.

and if I have an int element how can I check if my property is grether than/less than a specific value?

You can take this example:

BTW, will check a property value equals/not equals/like a specified value.
Attributes:
@property
@expectedValue
@operator [EQUAL|NOT EQUAL|LIKE]
@propertyType [string|int|boolean]

Hope these help. If you have any further question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

I provide you an example because I think that, in my previous post, I didn’t explain my question correctly.

I have 3 elements named :
XXX
XXX_YYY
and
YYY
ZZZ

I would write the information about all the elements that name doesn’t start (or contain)s with the substring “XXX”
(In my example I would to show only the YYY and ZZZ elements)

If I use the operator "like"
My code show me the element
XXX and XXX_YYY

If I use “Not Equal” my code will show me
YYY, ZZZ and XXX_YYY

I need a dislike/not like operator to retrive only YYY and ZZZ.

The other question is:

if I want to show the element list with property {PROPERTY_NAME}" less than 5 the example code:

returns to me all the element with property equals to 5…
but I would like to retrive also the “{PROPERTY_NAME}”=4,
"{PROPERTY_NAME}"=3 ,
"{PROPERTY_NAME}" =2 and
"{PROPERTY_NAME}" =1.

How can I do this?

Thanks for your explanation
Ilaria/vicky

Hi Vicky,

I’ve forwarded your inquiries to our engineers, I’ll let you know if there is any feedback from them.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks Liliana,

your help is always precious :slight_smile:

Thanks
Vicky

Hi Vicky,

I would like to let you know that we enhanced Report Writer to support followings:

1. added options in @operator [equals | not equals | less than | equals or less than | greater than | equals or greater than | like | not like] (case insensitive, e.g. both EQUALS and equals work)
  2. added attribute @caseSensitive [true | false] (default value is true), it’s used for string property

Please download the latest patch from the following link:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090212n/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212n.exe

And you can find a sample template attached, with the sample template you will get the result in the image below.

Hope these help. If there is any inquiry, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
ColumnGroups.xml

report_output.png

Thanks Lilian,
now It’s ok

Hi user,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi lilian,
If I have understand right if I want to use operator equals and not equals I must change in my code:

EQUAL (is deprecated) —> EQUALS (work)
NOT EQUAL (is deprecated) ----> NOT EQUALS (work)

Before this release I used EQUAL or NOT EQUAL, after this release I must used EQUALS or NOT EQUALS!!!

I must check in my all templetes If I found these operators that they are depreceted!!!

:frowning:

Hi user,

You can use the “Replace” function in text editor to replace “EQUAL” with “EQUALS” in your templates.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong