ORM Generation: Nullable

Hello,

I have another question about orm generation especially concerning the “nullable” property which appears in SQL table but not using ORM Persistable java class!

How can I configure attributes classes to turn nullable value from false into true. I don’t understand why some programming type like Date are set to true and some others like int are set to false?

Thx

Hi Ado,

Thanks for your post. “nullable” is specified in columns of entities (then sync to from ERD to class diagram). If the column is nullable, you can set nothing to the attribute in runtime. Otherwise, you must specify the values to the attribute.

Hope this answers your question. If there is any further inquiry, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

it’s already what we’ve done right now. However, it’s not an efficient manner of generating ORM.
Actually, we have used so many times the ORM Wizard (ERD generation and Code generation) so
we can’t modify the ERD before generating code.

Why don’t you propose to configure ORM persistable attributes in class diagrams?
Could you add this information in class diagram or to provide an option in wizard box,
more precisely in ERD one to configure “nullable” property of each field.

Thank you,

Hi Ado,

Thanks for replying. Since nullable is database related, it should not be modeled in class model. You can synchronize your class diagram to ERD, then edit the column to be nullable/not nullable on ERD. After that, you can run Tools > ORM > Generate Database to generate the database from ERD.

For more details, please refer to the flash movie below:
http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200907/sync_to_ERD_and_gen_db.htm

BTW, if you want to trace to the mapping class from entity mode, you just need to right-click on the entity and select Jump to Class.

Hope this helps. If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong