PHP documentation?

Is there any PHP specific documentation for the PHP version of DB_VA? If not, when will it be available?

Also, how long has the PHP version of DB_VA been out?

Thanks,
E

Hi everbored,

Thank you for your enquiry. We will certainly have the PHP version of DB-VA User’s Guide. But I am unable to say when will it be available at this point. I will post here when it is available.

The PHP version of DB-VA has been out for about a year.

Best regards,
Jick

Jick,

Thanks! Please do post back when the documentation is completed.

I been evaluating DB_VA (for PHP) for a few days, and think it’s a great program, in fact it’s the only one of its kind I’ve seen for PHP.

I appreciate your help in addressing these few basic questions, concerns, and problems I’ve encountered!

Thanks,
E

Hi everbored,

Many thanks. I will post back when the documentation is ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi everbored,

Sorry for such a late response. I am glad to inform you that the User’s Guide for DB-VA PHP edition is ready. You can read at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/documentation/dbvaphpguide.jsp?format=html

If there is anything else that I can do to help please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

in the user guide you mention about a tutorial file ‘School System.zip’. However, where can it be found? I searched intensively on the visual-paradigm site, googled around, and, and: no success. See:

Chapter 3 - Developing PHP Web Application

cheers,
ten

Hi ten,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I will ask our team about this, and send you the file if exists. Otherwise, we will update the page to avoid misleading readers.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick

thanks a lot. To me, it seems that there are some more issues related to that (please feel free to correct me, if I am wrong):

Typo on your document: Ch03_Developing_PHP_Web_Application.html : section ‘Querying object from database’:

<?php } elseif (is_a($user->getForeignObject(), 'Student')){ header("Location: studentpage.php"); } elseif (is_a($user->getForeignObject(), 'Teacher')){ header("Location: teacherpage.php"); } %> .... --> php end tab should read .... ?>

Class Diagram and ERD Diagram (see section Introduction) of the same document don’t match upon ‘synchronizing from entities to classes’ or round versa

cheers

[quote=Jick]Hi ten,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I will ask our team about this, and send you the file if exists. Otherwise, we will update the page to avoid misleading readers.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]