Pre sales questions

Hi Team,

My questions:

With the perpetual licence, do I get lifetime updates?

Can I export code to self host?

I may have follow-up questions depending on the answers.

Kind Regards
John

Hi John,

The entitle of upgrade for perpetual license is subject to the maintenance contract. As long as your license cover from maintenance contract it will entitle for all version upgrade. The maintenance contract is run in annual base and the newly purchased perpetual license comes with one year maintenance. Details about renewing maintenance can be found at https://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/softwaremaintenance.jsp

And about the “export code to self host” I guess you are meaning use of source code generated by our software. As long as the code is generated by VP with purchased license (either perpetual or subscription) then you can use the generated code in whatever form you want.

Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

2 Likes

As a long termed (enthusiastic) customer I’d also like to mention that despite having a service contract or not your main license will obviously never expire. So say you purchase a Standard edition license then you can continue using that no matter what, even if your maintenance contract would expire.

Of course it’s much more beneficial to have support, also because plenty of new and interesting features find their way into the program.

Note that code generation and import is only supported by the Standard edition and up. So: code generation based on your diagrams, and of course the other way around: the ability to diagnose code and then generate diagrams based on that.

Hope this can also help out a bit!

1 Like

Hi Rain,

Thanks for that, that’s what I wanted to know.

I’ve downloaded the trial, and getting into the doc, so have the holiday period to get a handle on it.

Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year.

Kind Regards
John

Hi ShelLuser,

Thanks very much for that, it’s great to know customers are enthusiastic about the product.

I’ve been evaluating a few similar products, and VP is looking the best at the moment.

Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year for you.

Kind Regards
John