Problem after Installation

Hi,

It appears that I’ve installed the SD for Eclipse successfully (I got blue screen of death on the first try though). But it kept complaining that I don’t have the complaint JRE to run it (see attachment). But I switch from JDK to JRE (see attachment) Any idea?

Thanks,

Randy
problem.zip

Hi Randy,

Your runtime environment is old. SDE requires 1.4.2 and above. From your second screenshot, it shows that you have 1.4.2_04 but you have not ticked it. You should use the newer Runtime environment.

Hope that helps.

Martyn

hey,

I have the same problem as well with Eclipse 3.0 and SD for Eclipse (Enterprise Edition) V2.
How did you resolve it?

-Anuja

[quote=Randy]Hi,

It appears that I’ve installed the SD for Eclipse successfully (I got blue screen of death on the first try though). But it kept complaining that I don’t have the complaint JRE to run it (see attachment). But I switch from JDK to JRE (see attachment) Any idea?

Thanks,

Randy[/quote]

Dear Anuja,

Thank you for your message. Could you mind send me your email address so that I can send you the JRE to have a try? You can send me your email address through private message or send to rain@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Was the problem ever solved? I have the same problem in Eclipse 3.2. It complains that it needs JRE 4.1.2 or higher when I start the SDE-EC. I have loaded both JRE 4.1.2 and JRE 5.0.

I have changed the JAVA/Installed JRE to JRE5.0 in Eclipse Preference. I have changed the system environment variable to JAVA_HOME and PATH to point to the folders accordingly. Still the same problem.

Please help.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Could you send me your Eclipse configuration details? You can find the configuration details in the About dialog box of Eclipse.

Best regards,
Jick