Problem installing Commuity edition for netBeans

Hi,

While running the installer, it did not ask me for the installation directory of netBeans. I found the floowing lines in the installer log:-

Custom Action: sdeinstall.ShowSelectIDELocationDialog
Additional Notes: ERROR - class sdeinstall.ShowSelectIDELocationDialog.install() Unexpected Fatal Error:

Custom Action: sdeinstall.ShowSelectIDELocationDialog
Additional Notes: ERROR - class sdeinstall.ShowSelectIDELocationDialog.install() Unexpected Fatal Error:

Any idea what this is?

Thanks in advance.

Ashok

Hi Ashok,

Could you please attach the whole log file? Also, which operating system are you using and which version of SDE-NB did you try to download? We want to look further into this problem.

For now, a temporary solution is to use the no_install version which is as simple as unzipping the contents into your NetBeans directory.

Thanks

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve attached the log file herewith.

My OS is Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 on Intel hardware.

I was tring to install sdecenb_20040108.exe. Hope you get the version from this.

Thanks again,

Ashok
SDE_Community_Edition_for_NetBeans-Sun_ONE_Install.no_ext

Was there any resolution to this issue? I expereince the same thing trying to install the community editon for Intellij

Thanks!
Andy

Visual Paradigm folks have not really done a great job on documentation on using this tool with NetBeans, installation instructions are not clear and do not work for me as well using the installer, It bypasses the screen where it should ask for NetBeans directory.

I submitted the bug and got the reply from support that I should download the no-install zip file, and I downloaded the no install zip file and followed the instructions. The only thing I see is a thread VPUMS.exe, the question is how to integrate it with NetBeans??

Anyone out there??

Env : Win2000 professional, Netbeans 3.5.1

–Satya Chauhan

Hi
Our product documentation is http://www.visual-paradigm.com/documentation.php.
And the No Install documentation is http://www.visual-paradigm.com/content/product/sde/sdenb/sdenbUserGuide/html/appendixa.html.
If still have any problem, please don

Sorry
is feel hesitate not free hesitate.