Problem when creating a copy of a pool with three lanes

Hello everybody,

I have an issue with copying a pool with three lanes. I want to have a copy with no model sharing.
Either by trying “duplicate” or “Paste Model” the first and third lane are somehow switched around. Original has Lane1, Lane2 and Lane3 from left to right; the copy will have Lane3, Lane2, Lane1.

I tried to just rename the lanes and go from there; doesn’t really work out either, as I cannot properly adjust the border ranges of the lanes. Lane1 in my model has to be much bigger than lane3. Result for me is, that my activities are part of the wrong lane…

Hope somebody can help. I am still trying out with an evaluation copy and I will be able to work around, but for the future use of the program, the copy and paste stuff has to work properly, I believe.

Thanks and cheers.
Seb

Hello Seb,

Sorry about this. We are now fixing this problem. Will get back to you with the fix as soon as possible. Hopefully within one working day.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Seb,

The problem of unable to export diagram as JPG is fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200707/Patch/sp2_20070704a/VP_Suite_Windows_3_0_sp2_20070704a.exe

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Install the .exe file by overwriting the current installation
  3. Restart the application

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

As the download is pretty big (120MB) I want to get sure that it is what I am searching for…
I was searching for fix, to be able to copy a pool with three lanes from one BP diagram to another and I don’t want the same model for that. Meaning I want to change the original without having the copy being changed and vice versa.

Your download description says that a JPG export bug was fixed in there?!

Also I am not running Visual Architect 3.0, but Business Process Visual Architect 2.0 (Analyst Edition). The .exe seems to be related to VA 3.0

Thanks for the help!
Seb

Hi Seb,

Sorry for my mistake. The patch contains your fix. But just the description is incorrect. Now, I prepared another for for you, which is much smaller in size:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200707/Patch/sp2_20070704b/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of BP-VA
  2. Replace $bpva-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Restart the application

Note:

1. If you are going to download with Internet Explorer, you may need to rename the file from .zip to .jar manually
  2. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Jick,

From the first tests the update works fine!
Thanks for the support.

Cheers from Germany
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

You are welcome. Thanks for your bug report. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jick