Problem with startup

I have installed VP for UML 5.0 CE, but when I start it, it just hangs and then nothing happens. On splash screen there is a text “Initializing models”. Log contains only this exception:

[Wed Nov 09 11:18:19 MSK 2005]: Start Visual Paradigm for UML Community Edition [VP-UML CE]: 5.0 (20051020a)
Exception in thread "Thread-2"
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at v.bfc.(:37)
at v.rod.t(:90)
at v.krs.i(:67)
at v.krs.(:48)
at v.rod.(:38)
at v.ftw.i(:434)
at v.ftw.i(:228)
at v.mbn.i(:132)
at v.mbn.i(:213)
at v.knk.i(:239)
at v.knk.f(:192)
at v.knk.i(:29)
at v.mfk.run(:71)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2147483648
at sun.font.CMap$CMapFormat4.getGlyph(Unknown Source)
at sun.font.TrueTypeGlyphMapper.charToGlyph(Unknown Source)
at sun.font.CharToGlyphMapper.canDisplay(Unknown Source)
at sun.font.Font2D.canDisplay(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Font.canDisplay(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Font.canDisplayUpTo(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Font.canDisplayUpTo(Unknown Source)
at v.dav.(Unknown Source)
… 14 more

System: 2.8 GHz, 1 Gb RAM, WinXP Pro SP2.

Thank you.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email. This problem is caused by some of the fonts in your system is not supported by the JVM and causing the JVM crash. We have fixed this problem is the latest VP-UML 5.1 Release Candidate 2. Could you mind send me your email address so that I can prepare a license key for you to try the RC2? Please send me your email address through private message or send to rain@visual-paradigm.com directly. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for replying and your information. I’ve send you the details for downloading the RC2. Please check your private message. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain

Thanks for your help. I downloaded new version. But now there is a problem during installation process. Anfer all files copied installation program hangs on step “Checking system environment”. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

Dear Andrew,

Could you please try the no install version? After downloading the no install version, you just need to unzip it and execute the VP Suite.exe inside the bin directory for doing the post installation process.

You can download it from the download page:

If the problem still persists, please let me know. I would also suggest you contact our technical support team for further assistance:

Best regards,
Jick

I have the same question with VP for UML 5.3 CE, it just hangs and then nothing happens, on splash screen there is a text “Initializing models” too. But I can’t find any log about it.

My system: 768M Ram, Ubuntu Linux 6.06