Problems creating code using annotations

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating the SDE for Eclipse package and I have quite some problems with the code generation.

In fact, I’ve designed a class called test. I’ve selected “update to code” so that the class has been generated. Now, I’ve added 2 stereo types : Entity Bean and ORM Persistable.

Now, when I select “Update to code” nothing is done. There is no @Entity added nor a “import org.hibernate.annotations.Entity;”.

Either I’m missing something or I’m doing something wrong.

Also, if I have a new UML class diagram with only a class name plus a stereo type (no corresponding, existing file), no java file is generated if I select “update to code”.

(Above when using SDE for Eclipse on Vista)

When I manually add @Entity tags to the classes, then select “reverse code” and immediately select “generate code”, all object relations (even between two persistent classes) get added @Transient annotations which were not there before (wrongly, of course) (this is when using VP UML Professional on OSX)

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks, Metron

Hello Metron,

We are sorry that currently the EJB generation in SDE for Eclipse is not very complete (when compare to VP-UML). You can follow the steps showing the following flash movie for generation EJB in VP-UML. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200707/Rain/movie/EJB.html

Best regards,
Rain Wong