Project files mmh, gc, dif

Hi,

I’d like to know what those files with the extionsion mmh, gc and dif contain.
When will they be created and are they relevant for version control?
If I rename the vpp file should those other files get renamed as well?

Greetings,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your post. .mmh and .dif files are storing data of difference between revisions for project checkout and revisions comparison. The .gc file is a backup file when we remove some useless data from project. The .mmh, .dif and .gc files are very small in size.

For renaming project (.vpp), please do not rename any files in ${repostiroy}/projects folder. Otherwise, problems will occur when run teamwork operation. And we do not support renaming teamwork projects, we are sorry about this.
If you need to have another name for the project, you need to make a copy of the project and import it as a new project to the server.

Hope these help. Please feel free to let us know if there is any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hello Lilian,

okay, that is obvious. And what about projects that are not under version control? There won’t be the dif and the mmh file, right?

May the gc file be deleted at any time? Should it be under version control?

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying. If the project is not under version control, there will not have any .dif, .mmh or .gc files.
The .gc file is not removed automatically, and please do not remove it from repository.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything else I can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks you!

Hi user,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong