Proxy problem

Hi everyone,

We just purchased Visual Paradigm and Agilian. It works fine but we have a problem with the setup of the proxy server.

I did the proper proxy setup in the connection screen in the Agilian Application Options. I confirmed the information and the setup I did with my network administrator.

We also did some testing and we discovered that even if I set a proxy and check the “Use Proxy” checkbox, Agilian seems to be trying to go directly out our firewall without using the proxy. This is definitively blocked on our side. To go out on the internet, the proxy needs to be used.

Error message I am getting: Failed to check update from the Internet. Please check the Internet connection and try again.

Can anybody help? Is there something special to do in the proxy setup to make things work. By the way, we are using the same proxy setup in other applications like Eclipse and it works perfectly.

Thanks,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Can you send me your log file to have a look? You can find the log file in %user_home%/visualparadigm folder. Look forward to hear from you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hello!

Here is the log file.

There is nothing about Agilian trying to do an update in there :frowning:

Thanks for your help,
Onirike
ag.log

Hello!

Any news on the subject?

We are still getting the problem and it is annoying.

Thanks,
Onirike