For several years I’ve used AndroMDA to generate application structures from UML, first EJB2, then hibernate and lately EJB3. I’ve been looking for alternative for a while, with the following characteristics:
- Ability to generate EJB3 entity and session beans from UML model
- Support for Seam
- Support editing of generated files, i.e. implement operations etc.
- Ability to reverse engineer changes made to method names, parameters, attributes and annotations to the model.
I found your product and did some tests. I have existing entity beans with JPA annotations on class and attributes. I used the instant reverse to get these to an UML class diagram. However, I don’t know if I did it wrong because I got the following result:
- All associations between entities becomes two single-direction associations
- The import was able to get the @Entity annotation, but not others like @Id, @NamedQuery etc
- If I generate code from this model it’s very different. All getters&setters throw exception for unimplemented method and code for other methods has been lost.
That was as far as I got in this try. Is my usecase supposed to work?