Re-installing SDE on new laptop

Hi!

I have a license problem. I bought Professional edition (SDE for Eclipse) ver 2.0 a few months ago. Now I’ve got a new laptop and need to install it there. since I don’t have the copy of the old installation left I assume that I should download the “Visual paradigm Suite VERSION 2.1” and use my licence when installing.
However:

1. the Visual Paradigm Suite includes ALL versions (I really only need professional edition!)

2. The download process requires me to chose an evaluation key - Why? I want to use my existing key!

3. I installed the suite despite of (1) and (2) above, and the following happens when I imported my original license and then tried to start the SDE from Eclipse: The license key manager pops up and shows state "Valid"
    Ok, fine but why does it pop up if it’s valid? I then close the license manager window and then ANOTHER license key window pops up telling me the same license key state: “Valid”. Ok, ok, OK! Iv’e understood by now the license is valid. But when I close that second popup window, I get a third pop up message stating: “Your license key(s) are invalid, the application will exit!”. And I don’t find no candid camera in my room either…

So, what am I doing wrong here? Is it not possible to use a SDE 2.0 license key on a 2.1 SDE? In that case, how can I get the proper version?

Brds, lasse

Dear Brds,

Sorry for my late response. Can you send me your email address to rain@visual-paradigm.com so that I can send you the 2.0 version of SDE for Eclipse? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rain