Report Writer Crashes

Hi,

I’m using VP-UML Version 6.0 (Build sp1_20070310) trial version. Modeling UML has been great so far.

Report Writer…not so much. The tool crashes constantly with an “OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 Error Report” dialog box opening up. This happens after adding “basic information” for classes to the report. I am reduced to saving and exiting the app after adding 3 items to the report to ensure progress.

Our decision to buy this product will depend quite strongly on the report writing functionality. This is a pity as I’m really impressed with everything else so far.

Regards,
Jairaj

Hello Jairaj,

I am sorry about this.

Could you provide me with your project file and the steps for reproducing the problem? By the way, we also support Microsoft Word report generation. Have you tried that? I wonder if the Word report generation feature can fulfill your need of documenting the project.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

The word report generation is too verbose. I need a report on class diagrams showing the diagram, each class and a table of attributes, attribute type and attribute description (for each class).

Report Writer would be ideal if it worked. Attached is my project file.

Thanks for the help

Regards,
Jairaj
ACSP_SPF.vpp

Hi Jick,

The word report generation is too verbose. I need a report on class diagrams showing the diagram, each class and a table of attributes, attribute type and attribute description (for each class).

Report Writer would be ideal if it worked. Attached is my project file.

Thanks for the help

Regards,
Jairaj
ACSP_SPF.vpp

Hi Jairaj,

Thank you for your reply. It seems to be an internal problem occurred in the Report Engine… We will try our best to find out what the problem is.

Best regards,
Jick