Report Writer greyed-out in menu

Hi,

I’m a new Agilian user & I’d like to design more customised reports beyond the PDF generator’s options. However, Report Writer is greyed-out on my system’s Tools>Report>Report Writer, so I don’t get the prompt to downlowd it. Is there a way round this?

Thanks & regards

Keith…

Hello Keith,

I regret that Report Writer is only available on Windows platform at the moment.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks for responding. That’s a bit of a problem for me - is there an estimated delivery date on that feature for OSX?

In the interim, would I be within my licence conditions, as a single user, to run a second Agilian instance under XP, on the Parallels emulation platform on my Mac? If so, I assume that I would be able to point this at the same workspace & hence work on projects from both installed environments (though not at the same time) or are the installed instances of Agilian different by platform that could cause problems?

Tkans & regards

Keith…

Hello Keith,

I regret that we do not have a time frame on this feature currently. I will pass your message on to our development team.

About your second question, it is possible to install on two platforms, as long as you are the only user and you will run at most 1 instance of the same product at the same time.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks for the response & clarification. It looks like I’ll be going back to the ‘dark side’ for a while then!

Kind regards

Keith…

Hello Keith,

I am so sorry about this. By the way, would you mind telling me what kind (and level) of customization do you want to employ to PDF report generation? We can perhaps support your need.

Best regards,
Jick

Jick,

I’d be more than happy to use the PDF report generator if it can be tweaked - or you know some workarounds (or can educate me on options I’m missing as a newbie!) :?

Here’s some context, which may help. I’m using Agilian to create a business & systems architecture model to support an IT strategy for a highly entrepreneurial client organisation. They require an integrated view of business process definitions, classes (they think in ERDs) & IT requirements for selecting & integrating some additional package applications. I was originally going to use Business Process Visual Architect product but changed to Agilian as requirements are so key to this project.

The business stakeholders hate detail, so I am looking to expose them incrementally to the increasing level of necessary detail within the various models. I’m starting with business process diagrams for context & the PDF output seems fine for this, as I can hide all the (currently empty or work in progress) table definitions.

Next, I’d like to add textual analysis problem statements for approval & here I’d like to be able to highlight the terms that will drive candidate classes, use cases, etc that are within scope but without exposing the detail of the candidate class table or definitions at this stage. However, unless I am missing something, I can’t see an option to hide this table in the PDF

Any help gratefully received.

Keith…