Report Writer: Sorting

Hi Lilian,

Back again :smiley:

Is there an easy way to sort the output of a report? I know that it can be done manually but…

One of my Class diagrams is a container for the data types that are used within the project (and then get reused through the referencing of external projects in everything else!)

Within my Data Types Class diagram I have two packages - DataTypes and ConstrainedValues. The first provides the static data and the second contains any drop down lists (enums) that are used.

In the report template that I posted about yesterday I would like to add an automatic sort so that the output is sorted by package and then sorted by class name:

ConstrainedValues Package:
Class A
Class B
Class C

DataTypes Package:
Class A
Class B
Class C

I use the tag to get to everything in the diagram but how do I apply a sort?

Many thanks - I will look to document my end-to-end process and post it here so that others can reuse it; including all the custom reports that I am creating and why I created them.

Hi Toby,

Again, thanks for your post! Our engineers prepared a sample template based on your expectation, please find it attached below. I also attached a screenshot of result with a sample project for your reference.

As we tested the sample template, a bug on numbering was found and it’s fixed. Please remember to update your product to latest patch (20091007p or later) for the fix before trying the sample template. More details about update product to latest patch can be found from the following link:

Hope this template helps. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
ContainedElementAndDataTypes.xml

sample_result.png

Damm - You are fixing them faster than I can raise them…

I will download the patch and give it a go; I’ll update you this afternoon.

Perfect!

Many thanks for such a quick turn-around :wink:

Hi Toby,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong