Reports and Tagged Values

Is there a way to have tagged values be included in the generated reports and/or Java doc content?

Dear Levi Browde,

I’m sorry that currently tagged value is not supported by the documentation generation feature. I’ll forward your request to our development team to follow-up this issue. Thanks for your question.

Best Regards,
Rain

Thanks, Rain.

Is there any way to see tagged values in the generated source code? Or, more generally, how would you recommend we capture different types of documentation/comments that we’d like to appear in the generated source code and reports? For example, we would ideally like to have a separate section to document how each method of a class interacts with our security sub-system, another section that documents impact from system settings, etc. Is the only way to capture this is to put it in the Documentation field?

Any advice you could provide would be very helpful. Thanks.

– Levi

Dear Levi,

Currently the documentation field is the only way to solve your problem. I’ll talk to the development team tomorrow to see is there any quick fix for your situation.

Best Regards,
Rain

Dear Levi,

The tagged values are now supported by the documentation generation features, and will be available in the next deploy. Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards,
Rain

Rain:

That’s fantastic. Thank you so much.

– Levi

Hi Levi,

The tagged value is now ready in the documentation generation facility. Please download & install the latest version.

p.s. the installer is changed and it’s a bit different. All the VP-UML & SDE are now inside the Visual Paradigm Suite (except SDE-VS).

Best Regards,
Rain

Dear Levi,

You can download the latest version at the download section. Download the Visual Paradigm Suite 1.0, it include the VP-UML & SDE inside one installer.

Best Regards,
Rain

Rain, how do I get the latest version (we are using the professional edition of Visual Paradigm for UML, not SDE)? Should I just go to the regular download section?

– Levi

Rain:

Today (Dec. 27) I downloaded the professional edition. When I run reports, however, I don’t see any of the tagged values in the output (I’ve run both Project Reports and Class Diagram Reports).

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on in order to see the tagged values?

One thing I noticed was that the build date of the download said 12/17, which is a few days before you said the new version was ready so maybe the new version has not been made available yet?

Thanks.

Levi Browde, Lead Software Designer
EcoSys Management, LLC
Direct: +1 866.4.EcoSys, Ext. 99
Mobile: +1 914-720-0963
Fax: +1 212-504-8278
Email: lbrowde@ecosysmgmt.com

Dear Levi,

If the build date is 12/17, that means it’s already out dated. Also, there won’t have any “Professional Edition” to download anymore. All the things are inside the VP Suite (including Professional Edition, Standard Edition…). So please download the VP Suite. (The build no should be 20041218).

Best Regards,
Rain

Rain:

Yes, I’m sorry I was not clear in my last message. I downloaded the VP suite (build no# 20041218) and installed it, but I don’t see any tagged values in the report output.

Are the supposed to appear alongside the Documentation field?

Dear Levi,

Maybe you can try to download and install it again. The one at the server is newer that yours (although the build no are the same). The attached sample.zip shows how the tagged values of an Actor will be displayed in the report.

Best Regards,
Rain
sample.zip

Rain:

I see what’s happening…I was generating an HTML report. The sample you sent me is a .pdf report. If I run a .pdf report, yes, I see all the tagged values…that’s great.

Are there plans to include the tagged values in the HTML reports as well?

Rain:

Please disregard my last message…the Tagged Values are indeed in the HTML reports. I was looking at the wrong one. Thank you.