ReportWriter: HTML / style

Hi,
I want to generate a document with report writer.
I have a problem with the style.

When I write the documentation into my diagram in vp-uml, and I choose HTML, when I generate the documentation my style isn’t setting correctly.
If I choose “PLAIN TEXT”, my style is setting correctly.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Hi user,

Thanks for your message. Would you mind attaching some samples or project file for investigation? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I have another problem with HTML style and documentation generate with report writer.

I write in section documentation (i.e: action specification) and I want insert a table.
When I generate the document with report writer, the my table’s styles are wrong (not correct).

I attach the file exampleProblemStyleTable.doc with the problem.

Can you help me???

thanks
exampleProblemStyleTable.doc

Hi Lilian,
I attach the files:

• exampleProblemStyle.doc (In this documet I write the problem and the code xml that I use in my template)

• myReportTemplate.odt (this is my reportTemplate that I import in report writer and in this report template I set the styles)

I hope that with this example you can help me!

thanks!
myReportTemplate.odt
exampleProblemStyle.doc

Hi user,

Thanks for the files. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to study and I’ll come back to you if I got any news.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I’m waiting your help for this problem.
Sorry If I write you this post another time…
(Excuseme for my english…)

thanks very much.

Hi user,

Sorry for the delay. We fixed the problem and please find the patch from below:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200902/Patch/sp2_20090212k/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212k.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I installed the patck VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212k.exe
that you provided me, but it seems that it doesn’t work correctly!
I have the same problem that I had before the patch release…
I can’t understand why my template loses the style when report writer is running.

Could you please help me???
thanks…thanks very much!

Hi user,

With the patch, I can repeat your problem on background color of table row in documentation (which you stated in “exampleProblemStyleTable.doc”), and I’ve forwarded to our engineer to check.

But I cannot repeat your problem on inconsistent text style, font and font size (which you stated in “exampleProblemStyle.doc”), I did the following steps:

1. using your template code (the actual template I used is attached)
  2. start report writer
  3. select a blank report and import your report template “myReportTemplate.odt”
  4. drag the template “Create Index Use Case” to the document

I can get text with Arial and font size 10 (also text style is consistent to the template code), you can see the result I got from the attached message. May I know how you repeat this problem wit the patch?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
CreateIndexUseCase.xml

my_result.png

Hi Lilian,
I have tried your example createIndexUseCase.xml.
It’s ok if I use a diagram with a single use case, but If I have a diagram with many use case elements, for the first element It’s ok, but for the second It’s not ok.

I attach the image.

could you help me?

thanks
diagram.doc

Hi user,

Thanks for replying and the details. I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers to study.

At the same time, we fixed the the problem on background color of table row/cell in documentation, you can get the latest patch from:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090212q/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212q.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I think that there is a MISTAKE!
I installed the patck VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212q.exe
that you provided me, but it seems that it doesn’t work correctly!
the table’s style is not correctly!
I have the same problem that I had before the patch release…

It’s a big mistake! where I’m wrong??

I attach the file with my test.

Could you please help me???
thanks…thanks very much!
mistakeStyleTable.doc

Hi user,

Thanks for replying. I tried with blank document, also tried with document that imported your report template, but I cannot repeat your problem in both cases. Would you mind to attach a sample project, the template (for model details) and the report template (if any) you are using for investigation? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi user,

Thanks for your email sent to support-team@visual-paradigm.com, I’ll follow-up the issue in our online ticket system.

Best reagrds,
Lilian Wong

Hi user,

I would like to bring the news on problem of showing the second documentation of use case (the one you reported on 2009/03/03 08:52), our engineers fixed the problem and please download the patch from the following link:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090212w/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212w.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
thank for your patch (w).
I installed the patch but there are still some problems.
If I generate word document with “Word Report” there is a problem (I insert the image).

I generate the document with report Writer…I writed in my documentation the tables, one table is ok, other table isn’t ok. (you can find the example into document mistakeStyleTableBis.doc

There is another problem that with the last patch isn’t fixed:
When I export the document generate with reportWriter, the tables there are not, and there are only the words (you could look this problem into document documentationWithPatchW.doc (page 6 and 7).

I attach all documentation and the project that I used.

I hope that these informations you could help you to investigate about these problem.

Thanks very much
ProjectAndProblem.zip
documentationWithPatchW.doc

errorGenerateWord.jpg

Hi user,

We are sorry that our engineers are still working on the table format and contents problem, so you still found problem on the generated documentation contents. I’ll send you another patch when the problem is fixed.

About the problems:

1. Cannot generate Word report for the Use Case Diagram (Tools > Report > Generate Word Report…)
  2. Exported Word document from Report Writer does not involve table format and style
    I’ve forwarded both issues to our engineers to follow-up, and will get back to you immediately if there is any news.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
The problems open are:

1. Cannot generate Word report for the Use Case Diagram (Tools > Report > Generate Word Report…)
  2. Exported Word document from Report Writer does not involve table format and style
    I’ve forwarded both issues to our engineers to follow-up, and will get back to you immediately if there is any news.
  3. When I generate the document with report writer, thare are still some problems ( you can find the example into document mistakeStyleTableBis.doc)

Thanks, thanks very much

Hi Lilian,
I don’t know what is happening.
My vp-uml version is VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212y.exe
I generate my document with report writer…And I have I problem with bullets and numering. You are fixed this problem with another pacth…and after patch It’s ok, but now this problem has returned.

I attach the document with the problem…

thanks
BulletsAndNumering.doc

Hi user,

Thanks for your posts. We are sorry that currently our engineers are investigating several issues regarding to number and bullet format in Report Writer, I’ve passed your problem (I’ll treat it as issue 3 since these problems are similar) to our engineers to study as well.

About issue 2, Since OpenOffice (Report Writer is based on OpenOffice) does not support exporting table which is inside a table into Word format, so you cannot generate the table documentation with the your report template imported. I’m sorry abut this fact.

P.S. issue 1 & 3 are still under investigation.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong