ReportWriter: HTML / style

Hi Lilian,
about issue 2 I want to ask:
When do you fix this problem?

I think that is import to export a document generate with report writer in format word (office!!!). (All companies use office word to open and read the documentation)

I read this in your site (http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/reports/)
“MS Word report generation
Learn how to generate a Microsoft Word report for your project by configuring options like included diagrams, cover pages, and header and footers.

Thanks, Anna

Hi user,

Thanks for replying. Report Writer does support exporting document to MS Word format, but the key is that Report Writer is implemented based on OpenOffice. Exporting table inside table

In OpenOffice, if you have a table inside a table, when export (save) the document to MS Word format, the format of containing table will lose in the exported .doc file. If it’s solely a table (without any table inside), the format can be exported to .doc file. You can take a look at the attached image.

This is a limitation of OpenOffice, so it become a limitation of Report Writer. In your customized template, you generate documentation to table, and there is table in your documentation contents. That’s why the table format in your documentation contents will lose in exporting to MS Word file.

I’m sorry about this limitation. You can change not to generate documentation to table to resolve this problem.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

save_as_doc_format.png

Hi Lilian,
Thanks for your precision about table/report Writer/export in *.doc

Anna

Hi Anna,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
with
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090312c/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090312c.exe

the problem with bullets and numering is fixed!

thanks, Anna!

Hi Lilian,
I have another problem with table in documentation…
I attach the file with the problem and the project vpp.

My vpp version is VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090312c.exe

Thanks, Anna
tableProject.vpp
table.doc

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your posts. Unfortunately I cannot find any Activity Diagram in project file “tableProject.vpp”, would you mind to attach another sample project? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Sorry,
Now the project is ok!

Anna
tableProject_3.vpp

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the project file. I’ve forwarded the problem to our engineers to follow-up, and will keep you informed for any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Anna,

We fixed the problem on table contents in Documentation and a new build is deployed. It can be downloaded from the link below.

http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090312h/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090312h.exe

And I would like to remind you that OpenOffice (Report Writer is based on OpenOffice) does not support merging complex cells (see attached image).

BTW, this patch already covers the fix of failure on Word report generation (you reported on 2009/03/09 08:41).

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

merge_cells.png