Round tripping in VP

SDE professional 4.0 (Build 20070220)
eclipse 3.2
jdk1.5.07

i am having enormous problems round tripping with SDE.

am using the ‘model->update code’ or force ‘model->update code’.

I am getting large number of duplicate methods in a dervied class. Yet in the UML model there are no duplicates.

I have spent days ont he is round tripping and still haveing enormous problem forward engineering then reverse engineer using the update code/update model mechanism.

I have read the docs but it sheds no light on this problem.

How or what is causing this bizzare behaviour.

any help appreciated.

-lp

Hello lpiccoli,

Could you send us your Eclipse workspace for identifying the problem? If this is not possible, are you able to reproduce the problem with a sample project?

By the way, 20070220 is a fairly old release. I recommend you run the updater to advance to the latest release. You can find the updater inside %VP-Suite-Install-Dir%/bin

Best regards,
Jick

i just did the update but the build number on the ‘About SDE’ is still reporting 20070220.

what other mechanism is there to report build number reliably?

-lp

Hello lpiccoli,

I guess that you are not using Service Pack 1. As I know, cross version (even minor version) upgrade is not allowed by VP Update. Could you download the latest release, and reinstall by overwriting the current one?

Best regards,
Jick

One important point to notice - Project saved in newer version will NOT be able to be opened in any earlier versions.

ok reinstalled Sp1 of vp-UML.

It seems there are many changes. So hopefully it will correct my problems.

-lp

Hi lpiccoli,

If you have time, please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick