SDE for VS.NET buggy

I have been evaluating your SDE for Visual Studio .NET and, while I applaud your effort and can see that this is going to be a great product, the current version is pretty buggy and missing some essential features.

Primarily I’ve found that the code generation is a bit tempermental especially if .cs files are deleted. I wasn’t happy with the code it produced at first and I couldn’t get it to properly update the code after I made changes to the class diagram, so I tried deleting all the .cs files and having the diagram re-generate the code but I couldn’t get it to work for the life of me. For some reason the associated .vpp file will not generate code anymore. I’ve also tried sharing the .vpp file with a collegue who is using the java version. That seem to work well for him, but when he gave me the .vpp file back I still couldn’t get it to generate the code even when I pasted it into a new project.

I know this is probably outside the use cases you’ve tested for but it’s a perfect example of the kind of functionality we would need to purchase the product.

Currently, there seem to be some pretty heavy state relationships between some of the VP files that are produce unexpected results when the user doesn’t specifically use the functionality permitted by the user interface.

Since most developers intend to share their UML diagrams I expect fixing this is pretty high on your list of priorities. Do you have any idea when the next version of the SDE is coming out and will it have some fixes for these types of problems?

and some other I may also have…
I ready to discuss…before buying if satisfied:)

cheers

Also got this problem, and I am also waiting for a fix before purchasing it.

I didn’t notice that the other post were one year old. Does this mean that this bug is one year old and still not fixed?

We are sorry for any inconvenience this problem caused you. Our engineers are now investigating on this problem. Any news on this issue will be posted as soon as possible.