SDE & plugin

Hello,

I am evaluating VPSuite (SDE & UML). It is possible to extend the SDE Eclipse plugin with my own plugin (access the UML model from different plugin?

I have aslo tried to write an plugin into VP UML, but I was not able to start VP UML with this plugin. It got stuck in the “Initializin Models” phase.
Could you be so kind and send me some working example of some simple plugin, with sources?

Thank you very much

Peter

Peter

Enclosed two examples.

I am also trying to create my first plugin.

I find it difficult.

Let me know if you succeed.

Best regards
Bernard
Mail: bernard@ballesta.org

[quote=_peter]Hello,

I am evaluating VPSuite (SDE & UML). It is possible to extend the SDE Eclipse plugin with my own plugin (access the UML model from different plugin?

I have aslo tried to write an plugin into VP UML, but I was not able to start VP UML with this plugin. It got stuck in the “Initializin Models” phase.
Could you be so kind and send me some working example of some simple plugin, with sources?

Thank you very much

Peter

[/quote]
plugin[1].sample.shape.zip
sample[1].set_documentation.zip

Hi again,

Bernard thank you for your help. I was able to start these example plugins in VP UML and also made my own plugin according these examples.

VP UML 5.1 and SDE 3.1 are really nice, but I’m still looking for the way how to start/make plugin for SDE.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot.

Peter

Hi Peter,

The steps involved in writing plugins for SDE is the same as for VP-UML. But pay attention to the deployment part. To deploy a plugin to VP-UML, you need to put the plugin to the plugins folder under the VP Suite directory (e.g. C:/VP Suite 2.1/plugins/peter_plugin/). To deploy a plugin to SDE, you need to put the plugin to the plugins folder under the SDE directory. For example, if you are going to make the plugin available in SDE for Eclipse, you need to put the plugin to: %Eclipse_HOME%/sde/plugins/ (e.g. C:/Eclipse/sde/plugins/peter_plugin).

For more details, please refer to the mannual:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/documentation/pluginuserguide.jsp?format=html

Here is some sample plugins:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/documentation/#extend

If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Best Regards,
Jick