I just struggling with some sort problems in current build 20090503:
- Sorting at diagram navigator root by name has no effect on diagram order.
- Sorting subfolder on diagram navigator is always case sensitive, even if switching off “sort tree case sensitive” in the options.
- “no sorting” after “sorting by name” on model explorer root makes relations in model explorer root invisible.
Obviously these are some bugs, can you fix it please?
Thanks for your post.
- Sorting function at Diagram Navigator (the button on the top of Diagram Navigator) is for sorting the diagram element by name but not the diagram(see “sort_diagram_element_in_diagram_navigator.png”)
- Same as 1. If you press the button at the top of Diagram Navigator, it will sort the diagram element by name (not to sort the diagram).
If you want to sort diagrams by name, please right-click on the diagram type node and select “Sort Diagram by Name” in the popup menu (see “sort_diagrams_by_name.png”)
- Would you mind to give me a sample project for repeating the problem?
If you do not want the project file to be accessed by public, please send to email@example.com
Sorry, I did a mistake in the title of this topic. It has to be “sort issues”, not “search issues”.
Thanks for replying. Does my hint on issue 1 & 2 work? And about issue 3, may you attach the sample project if it still persists? Thanks!
Look forward to your reply.
thank you for your reply. You´re right in the first 2 points, it was my fault. :? Nevertheless, its not really clear on what kind of sorting (element or diagramm sorting) the global option “sort tree case sensitive” has an effect. A rename to something like “sort elements in tree case sensitive” would be nice.
Point 3 is very easy to reproduce: You have a new clean project with 2 classes and an association between these two. Save the Project. Now go in model explorer and sort all elements (it should be 3) by name. After that do a “no sort” there. The association is now invisible. Turning references filter off and on causes the association popping up again in model explorer. It cannot be a feature, because if you do not save the project before this effect does not happen.
I´d be pleased if this will be fixed in next release.
kind regards, charon
Thanks for replying. I’ll discuss with our engineers about renaming the option to be more specific, thanks for your kind suggestion!
About invisible relationship after sort elements by name in Model Explorer, I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up. I’ll come back to you once there is any feedback.
I would like to notify you that we fixed the problem on No Sorting, and the name of options of sort with case sensitive is changed to be more specific. You can download the patch from the following link:
If there is any further question, please let me know!