Searching for all elements of a specific type

Hi everyone,

does anybody know how to search for model elements of a specific type? In “Edit -> Find…” I always have to type in a text value for searching. Trying to type in “*” for “all” has no effect. Supporting regular expressions in search dialog textbox would be a nice feature at all.

greetings, charon

Hi Charon,

Thanks for your post and kind suggestion. I’ve passed your suggestion to our development team to consider.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

the feature request belonging the support of regular expressions in search requests is now almost 2 months old and nothing happend. This feature would be very useful to us and all other users. Are there some news about that?

best regards,
charon

Hi Charon,

Thanks for your post. We plan to support “*” for “all” in VP Suite 4.1 (expected to be available in September), and I’ll let you know if there is any further news on this issue.

BTW, the Jump-To function support “*” for jumping to model elements. You can find more details about Jump-To function from the following link:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/visualmodeling/jumpmodel.jsp

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Charon,

I would like to let you know that we implemented to support “*” in Find function. If you are interested in testing the release candidate of VP Suite 4.1, please let me know (and send me a private message with your email address)!

If there is any further inquiry, please fee free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Charon,

How do you do? I would like to let you know that we just released VP-UML 7.1 and Find function is greatly enhanced. Besides support wide-card “*” for searching, we also changed the interface of Find dialog so that you can select the model types and stereotypes as well as the container in your project easily.

BTW, details about new features and enhancements in VP-UML 7.1 can be found from:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/vpuml/releasenotes/710.jsp

Best regards,
Lilian Wong