"Select in code" generates a null pointer exception

Hi,

I’m using SDE (v6.0, build 20100819) for Intellij 9.0.3. If I use instant reverse to generate the class model, the right click on the class model and use “select in code”, nothing happens on screen, but the vp.log contains:

[Wed Sep 22 10:03:50 CEST 2010] [warning] java.lang.NullPointerException
at v.bons.a(:96)
at v.fq.a(:71)
at v.brzu.run(:15)

I have to say, I’m new to VP-SDE, but finding it very buggy.

For another bug, how about in the Diagram Navigator, right click on Class Diagram and select New Class Diagram. The new diagram opens and you type in the a name for the diagram. As soon as you hit return, the new diagram disappears - there’s no reference to it in the Diagram Navigator and the log shows:

[Wed Sep 22 10:07:37 CEST 2010] [warning] java.lang.NullPointerException
at v.bcqo.cI(:3063)
at v.bcqo.cM(:5528)
at v.bnbj.f(:242)
at v.zms.d(:134)
at v.ekj.aa(:860)
at v.mzc.deselectNotify(:127)

Given the problems with this product, I’d say you’ve released a beta version - it’s really hard to be positive about something when the basics are so wrong.

Nigel.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your post. “Select in Code” was designed for selecting code generated by round-trip (right click on class and select Update to Code). You cannot “Select in Code” for code generated by instant generator. I have tried with the latest version and do not find the Null Pointer Exception anymore. I think that it was fixed.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung