Sharing the same Project

Hi,
I’m a project development leader actually working for www.ldsosf.com.br.
I considered to the director of the company the purchases of version 3.0
of Visual-Paradigm for UML Standard Edition (We work with VFP8 development
tool).
But before is important to resolv a question:
The problem is that we need to work in team in the same project.
How to share alterations in same document VPP?

For example:
I need to make changes in some use case diagrams
and , at the same time, other team component needs to make changes in some
class diagrams.

Eduardo Benoliel
benoliel@ldsoft.com.br

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for trying our product. At the moment, the feature that you have mentioned does not exist in VP-UML but will be in the future involving a server component.

Martyn

Hi Martyn

What means in the future. we are going to introduce a uml-tool for our it-staff and prefer your tool. when it will be available?

Masi

martyn wrote:

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for trying our product. At the moment, the feature
that you have mentioned does not exist in VP-UML but will be in
the future involving a server component.

Martyn

Hi Masi,

“in the future” means anytime within a few months. At the moment, our UML tools works and supports the UML 2.0 notation. The team-work server solution shall be available soon.

Martyn

We are also evaluating this tool for use by a team. We use IntelliJ IDEA and a couple of us have installed the SDE-IJ Professional trial version.

What we’d like to be able to do eventually is:

1. Work on our individual machines doing design work with SDE-IJ and coding with IDEA.
  2. Check any changes into CVS
  3. Get the latest changes from CVS each time we make a change.

Is this easily done with your product?

Some other questions I have :

• In March you’d mentioned that a server version might be available in a few months. Where does this stand at the moment? Will this help in the scenario above?

• Is a newer version than is currently available due out soon? How often do you release new versions? If I buy the current version, what is the cost of upgrading in the future? Are there free upgrades for a period of time?

• The entire development organization, which includes non-java development groups are looking at UML tools. We’d like to standardize on a single UML tool across the organization. Do the discounts apply if you mix SDE with the VP-UML standalone versions?

Thanks for your help,

Damon