Slow GUI Performance of VP-UML 5.3 under LinuX

Hi all,

we are unsing the latest version of VP-UML (5.3 sp2 + latest patch) running on 64bit Ubuntu LinuX on a 3.x GHz dual core Intel PC with 2 GB memory. The performance of the GUI is not goog at all, the handling of windows, lists and buttons is very slow. Under windows the application is much faster and much more comfortable to use. What can be the reason for this? Do we have to adjust anything at the java environment? Does anybody of you have made a similar experience? Is this a known issue?

Thanks for every hint and best regards
-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your enquiry. Could you post the log file here? You can find it at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/vp.log

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your enquiry. Could you post the log file here? You can find it at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/vp.log

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Hi Jick,

attached you can find the log file.

Best regards,
Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your post. But the log file seems to be incomplete. Did you modify the content before?

Finally, could you let me know which build you are using? You can get the answer from the About dialog.

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your post. But the log file seems to be incomplete. Did you modify the content before?

Finally, could you let me know which build you are using? You can get the answer from the About dialog.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Hi Jick,

no I did never touch the file. I just copied it as it was. If there should be more content this might already be a bug…?

I am using VP-UML 5.3 SP2_20061014.

There is another strange observation: VP-UML does never remember my settings. When I start it, it always asks me which the workspace to use and requests a license from me. I always specify our license server (we have floating licenses) but when I start VP-UML for the next time, it asks me for the license configuration again. I checked the file system permissions in my working directory (where also the workspace directory is located) and they are perfectly ok. So it is not an issue of read/write permissions…

If I can provide you additional information that might help, just let me know.

Best regards,
Pascal

I had exactly the same problem on a newly installed opensuse host. It turned out to be caused by not running an accelerated X-server. Once I installed the proper server VP became as snappy as usual.

/Drougge