Splitting a licence file

Hi there

We bought 4 floating licences a few months ago, for VP-UML 7.2

We use them with a licence server. We would like to export one key in order to use in on an external laptop not connected to our server, is that possible? If so, how?

Thanks

May I up?

Hi Yeti,

Sorry for my late response. You can export any floating license from the Floating License Server for off-line usage. Please be reminded that once a license is exported from the license server, the license cannot be acquired by other users until it’s imported back to the license server. Please refer to the following link for more details:

http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/tips-inst/50-inst/52-floating-license.html#importexportkey

If there is any further inquiry, please let me know! Finally, thank you very much for choosing Visual Paradigm’s product!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Great, can you tell me where is the exported file?

Hi Yeti,

Thanks for replying. Once you exported the floating license, you don’t need to find it to manually import it to the Key Manager. The application can identify the exported floating license so you can work with the application without connecting to the Floating License Server.
Also, every time you start the application, you will be prompted to import the floating license back to the Floating License Server. Please let me know if you have any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Tell me if I’m wrong, this means the target computer has to be connected once to the licence server, right?

Hi Yeti,

No, you can run the application without any connection to the Floating License Server, provided that a license has been exported.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,
I meant that the standalone machine has to be connected to the licence server to export it?

Is it possible to export the licence on a machine and copy it on the standalone computer?

Hi Yeti,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that you must connect to the Floating License Server once you want to export/import the floating license from/to the license server. Once the floating license is exported to your machine, you can run the application without connection to the license server.

Should you have any inquiry, please let me know.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong