Standard Reports

Is there a possibility in Visual Paradigm for UML to make a standard report, with your own template?

For example I want to generate a report that contains only Classes and their attributes, in my own company style.

I know I can do this manually in the report writer but then I have to drag every element from the repository and I could eassily forget a class. So is there another option for this or an option in reportwriter to generate a report from a template so it takes all the class for example??

Dear JBindinga,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I suggest you try the PDF, Word and HTML report. Their contents are diagram based, which means you can select to generate only the class diagrams in your project. They also support customizing header, footer and the front cover. I hope this is what you need.

To try, select Tools > Report > REPORT_TYPE from menu.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks Jick.

What I would also like to know is if there’s an option to edit the templates you can chose from when you create a new report in the report writer, or if I can create or add my own templates??

Greetings,
Jef

Hello JBindinga,

Sorry, customization is not supported currently.

Best regards,
Jick

Dear Jick,

I found an article about this subject with steps to make my own templates, and it works. You can find it here: http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/tips_and_tricks/general/defining_templates_for_report_writer.html

Thanks for your reply,
Jef

Hello JBindinga,

Thank you for your post. :smiley:

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick