Stereotypes with TeamWork Server

Hi,

We have defined a lot of stereotypes for classes, attributes, Use Cases… But we have just see that when we get a projet with Teamwork server, the existing stereotypes from the main project are not available for those who get it with Teamwork client.

Any clues ?

Thanks

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your post. The stereotypes defined are saved as workspace-based stereotypes (available in your workspace only). Once you applied the stereotype in your project, it will be copied to be the project-based stereotype.

When you pass your project to other users, they do not have any workspace-based stereotype, they only get the project-based stereotype which can be viewed in the project.
In order to share user-defined stereotypes with other users, please export your stereotypes for other user to import to their workspace. More details can be found at http://oldresources.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite2.2/import_export_stereotype.html

If there are further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

thanks a lot, i think it will work (test in progress), but it needs manual actions. Is there is a way to have it synchronized by Teamwork Server/Client ? This will be great…

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. Teamwork Server helps to maintain the project data but not the setting of specific user. The stereotypes showing in Configure Stereotypes dialog (workspace-based stereotypes) are considered as setting of user, so they are not covered from Teamwork Server. You have import/export stereotype (as XML file) for synchronizing the stereotype setting among your team

Normally stereotypes are not used that often, a better approach is to define the stereotypes at the beginning of the project modeling, then share the stereotypes to all developers for further modeling.
In case you modified any user-defined stereotype, you need to import/export the stereotypes to share with other developers again.

Should you have any inquiry, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong