Stereotypes

Dear Readers,

When I want to add a stereotype to a component, it appears below the stereotype <> and both remain on the component icon. I cannot remove <> to show only my stereotype. How could I add own stereotype and remove the default one? Is this already a know problem?

I use VP-UML 6.0 Standard Edition build: (Build 20070220)

I would really appriciate your assistance.
Best Regards,
Tamas Galli

Hi gt,

The addition of <> is not a problem but a standard way of component presentation. However, it is possible to hide it. To hide the <> tag, right-click on the component diagram, and select Presentation Options > Show Component Option > None from the popup menu

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick

hide_component-stereotype.png

Dear Jick,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I have no problem with the component stereotype but with displaying 2 stereotypes at once. My version has a little bit different menu, see attach. Could you give any further advice?

Thanks + Regards,
Tamas

Hi Tamas,

The version that you are using is too old. I suggest you try our latest version instead.

Best regards.
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks. In case I install the latest version, do I need to pay for an update or simply download the latest one and use it with my licence key? I have currently: VP for UML Standard Edition (Build 20070220). We purchased it in February this year as I remember.

Regards,
Tamas

Hi Tamas,

This depends on whether you have purchased software maintenance. If you have purchase software maintenance, you are entitled to upgrade to the latest version. Otherwise, you may purchase it in your customer account. If you are unclear about your maintenance status, please give me your licensee email address through PRIVATE MESSAGE. I’ll then help you lookup your record.

Best regards,
Jick