Strange behavior when creating a message from one lifeline to another inside of a frame

I have a couple of lifelines participating in a loop frame. When I drag a message from one to the other within the frame, VPUML always wants to create a new lifeline rather than using the one I am over when I release the mouse button. Instead, the only way I can get the desired behavior is to drag the message from one lifeline (inside of the frame is okay), to the other outside of the loop frame. Then I have to move the message into the loop frame afterward.

Am I doing something wrong here? This is very cumbersome.

Thanks!

Hi Dave Matsumoto,

Thanks for your post. I took a simple try but cannot repeat the problem. Would you mind to attach your project file for investigation? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian, I figured it out – it was user error. I have so many nested frames that I didn’t realize that I was dragging the message from one lifeline in one frame to another lifeline that wasn’t in the same frame! Once I fixed this problem, it worked great.

Hi Dave Matsumoto,

It’s good that you figured out the problem. Feel free to have a post again when you need any help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong