Sub-Diagrams

Hello,

I am using the Business Diagram Modeling and as there is no option to group diagrams in the tree I tried to build a kind of Meta-Process to visualize the models categories.

Now I found out that each diagram can be used only once in a unspecified sub-process-task, so as soon as I design a second task linking to the same sub-diagram the referenc is removed in the earlier created task.

Is there a way to allow the multiple use of sub-diagrams, or has this behavior something to with the different sub process task types?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Gz

Hello Gz,

You can group the diagram in folders using the Logical View and more details can be found at

http://oldresources.visual-paradigm.com/tips_and_tricks/diagramming/defining_logical_view.html

And if you want to reuse the process diagram, the more appropriate approach is to define it as sub-process. More details reuse sub-process can be found at

http://www.youtube.com/VisualParadigm#p/search/0/Vsj_9T2KL0M

Feel free to contact me for further queries.

Best regards,
Rain

Hello Rain,

thank you very much for your answer. The grouping works fine for me now, but there is still an issue with the sub-diagrams:

The reason I am using them is because when I publish the project as html using the Project Publisher (actually a very good and easy way to deliver the documentation), the sub-diagrams attached to a task are included as links and can be accessed directly by clicking on the sub process element. Using the way presented in the video works fine within VP, but unfortuntaly seems to be completely ignored by the project publisher.

My sub-processes tend to be complex diagrams, so I doesn’t make much sense to display them as miniature in the sub-process model element, but I need a way to access them via links (like shown in the attached image).

Regards,
Gz

sub_diagram_link.jpg

Hello Gz,

Thanks for replying. The sub-diagram imply a parent & child relationship between the shape and the diagram. Since a diagram can only have one parent, therefore using the sub-diagram approach may not fully fit your need. By reuse the entire sub-process, you can specify the drill down effect for sub-process (directly jump to sub-process diagram) inside the Advanced Option section in Project Publisher dialog. I guess this should help in your case. Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Best regards,
Rain